OVAL 2009: Our Vision for Asian Leadership Conference In Tokyo
Our Vision for Asian Leadership is an exchange among students where each group presents a business concept in English with attendees from Korea, China and Japan.
After a night of coding I decided to grab some dinner at 2am at my local 'kare' restaurant and got into a conversation with some cool locals. They invited me to come to a business conference for students.
OVAL is the abbreviation of 'Our Vision for Asian Leadership' and is a place for an active international exchange among university students from 3 leading Asian countries.
The 2009 edition was organized at the Yoyogi National Olympic Memorial Center.
The future leaders of Asia were able to present business concepts to the elite CEO's of Asia.
It was all presented in English while the only countries attending were Japan, Korea & China. It was definitely an interesting experience.
I made a few notes during the summit which are listed below. Although I am not sure if the business plans presented were restricted or copyrighted in any way. The first presented concept won the conference (Like a family).
I even had the opportunity to sit behind the CEO of General Electric Japan and next to the President of Kaplan Japan.
- online volunteer/paid nursing-elderly system. Where profiles of both parties will be matched so the requested help is easily automatically found.
- it could eventually integrate into the existing wealth fare system as an alternative for elderly care.
- they target 3 dollars a month
- its a tough market
- to provide help to retired people to rejoin the work force, give them the option.
Training system to seniors
- ridiculous numbers
- telecom anger management system
- high per minute charges
- money should be made of minute charges
- retired men helping stressing in need business to get back on track
- retired people are smart. Young people will listen to knowledge
- draws money from insecure university applicants
- failure you will get money Artculator
- rotate arts between businesses.
Art rental service
- companies log online and pick their art and pay a monthly for for ever changing art. Or choose a genre and have their art be auto-picked monthly
- good for artists to get recognized
- refreshing art
- its like Netflix but than for art on the wall which keeps changing
- framed art is already easier to circulate so it will be in a cheaper package I got to give some credit to some of these ideas, some are quite interesting.