Sensation Tokyo: Wicked Wonderland Review
Sensation started in 2000 in Amsterdam and has taken the world by storm. Now Japan has enjoyed its first edition at the Makuhari Messe. Wicked Wonderland was the theme and 20,000 people danced away the night until 5:00am.
- What: Sensation Tokyo
- Who: Dannic, Laidback Luke, Sander van Doorn
- Where: Makuhari Messe Hall 9, 10, 11 [Map]
- When: October 10th - 9pm until 5am
- Price: ¥14,000 Yen ($125 USD)
- Age: 20+
- Why: “World's Leading Dance Event” - NEW in Japan
- Tickets: Sensation
- Notes: Take the subway to Kaihin-Makuhari Station, toilet lines can be very long and knowing a little Japanese is recommended.
- Similar: Ultra Japan
It was a long 50-minute train ride from downtown tokyo all the way to the Makuhari Messe on the eastend of Tokyo. Sensation is a Dutch production so I had to represent my roots.
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes, the ratio must have been 70% girls to 30% guys, ingredients for a very successful evening.
Luckily I obtained a Deluxe VIP ticket from a magical source at the last minute, I couldn't be more grateful!
I also met up with friends who I hadn't seen in a couple of years, the funniest thing of the night must have been an obsessed Japanese girl, that jumped the fence and got on stage to take a photo with her favorite DJ.
The highlights of the night were definitely Dannic, Laidback Luke and Sander van Doorn.
Wicked Wonderland is in my opinion one of Sensations best themes and I look forward to the next edition.
The event took place on October 10th, 2015 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Tokyo's east end and should take place again around the same date next year.