Best Snake Cafe in Tokyo
The Tokyo Snake Center is the latest animal cafe in Harajuku with a wide range of incredible snakes which you can hold and play with while enjoying a warm cup of coffee.
- Where: Tokyo Snake Center in Harajuku [Map]
- Hours: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Price: ¥1,000 Yen ($8 USD) per person
- Phone: +81 (0) 3-6427-9912 (English is spoken)
- Why: A little creepy but a unique experience in Japan
- Notes: Go early to prevent being put on the waiting list. Make sure to use the towel, some snakes may poo. Also wash your hands thoroughly after to prevent salmonella.
- Related: Cutest bunny cafe in Harajuku
The entrance fee is 1000 yen ($8 USD) per person which includes a drink and a glass box with a snake of your liking.
For an additional 540 yen you get to pet a snake from a wide assortment and don't worry these guys aren't poisonous.
No worries, none of the snakes at this cafe are poisonous and are quite harmless but taking photos with flash is not allowed.
It is important to wash your hands after handling your snake especially if you decide to eat food, due to possible bacteria & salmonella.
Did you know that snakes kill 100,000 people every year and some snakes can live up to 1 year without food.