World's Weirdest Ice Cream! Why Japan?!
Let me introduce you to the weirdest Ice cream flavours in world ranging from Indian curry, shark fin and beef tongue to tulips and coal at a theme park called NamjaTown in Tokyo with a creepy side.
- Where: Namjatown in Ikebukuro, Tokyo [Map]
- Hours: 10:00:am - 10:00pm
- Price: ¥500 Yen ($4.50 USD) per person
- Why: Weird spooky adventures in Tokyo
- Notes: Located on the 2nd floor. Visit the weird ice cream parlors and play the bug shooting game. Make sure to also visit the Pokemon center.
- Related: Self-fishing restaurant Zauo
Namco Namja Town (ナンジャタウン) is located in Ikebukuro where I met up with my fellow Youtuber Stu from STU in TOKYO to review these ice cream flavours we have been hearing about.
After a while of searching we found a bunch of ice cream parlors with only one spot in the corner selling the outrageous flavours ranging from beef tongue, shark fin noodle soup to tulips, Indian curry and coal and many other weird flavours. Stu and I had a match-off where we tried to guess each other’s secretly picked flavours, watch the video for the match results.
Walking through Namja Town we were surprised by how empty the park was knowing it was a Friday night, the park has some really creepy areas with many awkward attractions, we couldn't figure out why Japanese people would take their kids here.
We had our final match-off at Club Sega in Ikebukuro playing my favorite game MaiMai, I was surprised how good Stu was at the game, he smoked me alive which means Stu won this day, but I shall return for our next match-off adventure in London.