Ready For FanExpo? Here Are My 5 Tips
FanExpo is one of the best events in Toronto that you must have visited once in your life so after many visits I put together a list with my 5 essential tips.
1) Come prepared and bring essentials; a bag, camera, water bottle, snacks, deodorant, charger & cash!
2) Buy your tickets on Thurdays at the venue to prevent standing in line on Friday and Saturday during peak hours.
3) Cash is king! Make sure you bring enough since many vendors do not accept creditcards and the ATMs usually have long lines.
4) Plan you meetups ahead since the Metro Convention Centre has very bad reception for mobile phones.
5) Bring comfortable shoes, you'll be doing a lot of walking at this venue.
Make sure to also watch my 10 Secret Cosplay Tips which I recorded at Anime North Canada & Comiket Japan.
Most recently I was the REAL Guile from the Street Fighter II videogames at the FANexpo convention inside the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
I joined forces with Vidgeo for this video to add some cool special effects. He added Sonic Booms and Hadoukens to the fighting scenes we recorded.
FanExpo is a gigantic event and spans the entire weekend from Thursday till Sunday and attracts over 127,000 people.
My favourite booths at the most recent event were the LEGO booth and Intel booth. They spent a lot of time perfecting the visuals. Another highlight was the new BatMobile from Batman Arkham Knight which had a giant cannon on the roof.
Tickets aren't cheap but you get a lot of entertainment in return plus opportunities to meet famous actors.