My First Skydive on Texel
Texel is considered one of world's best places to skydive by many professional skydivers so that is why I decided to do my first skydive at Paracentrum Texel together with my mom and brother.
- What: Texel Skydive in Holland
- Where: Postweg 128, 1795 JS, De Cocksdorp [Map]
- When: 9:30am - 5:00pm
- Price: €200
- Notes: Hire a professional photographer/videographer for €100 extra
We decided to celebrate our mom's birthday this year by jumping out of an airplane together. The road trip to Paracentrum Texel is about 1 hour drive from Amsterdam plus a 20 minute ferry ride to the island.
Skydiving isn't cheap, roughly 200 euros for the tandem jump itself and another 100 euros for a dedicated photographer/videographer but an experience you'll treasure for the rest of your life.
In conclusion, skydiving was an eye opening experience for me while facing my fear of heights, sitting on the edge of the airplane much have been the most exhilarating feeling ever and I look forward to skydiving again in another country in the near future. It is something everyone must have tried once in their lives.
My 5 Tips for Skydiving:
- The dress code, wear sneakers and comfortable pair of pants.
- Familiarize yourself at the facility, watch the educational videos and ask as many questions to get more comfortable.
- Self-control, the experience could be way too overwhelming during your first free-fall so try to focus and keep breathing normally.
- Hire a Professional, your first skydive is the kind of moment that will leave a lasting impression on the rest of life so get those photos & videos taken by a professional, it is totally worth those extra euros.
- Weather conditions, schedule your jump during a clear day, sadly not always possible, especially in the Netherlands but you can maximize your changes by booking during the best time of year, in this case June & July.