This is the largest hedgehog cafe in Tokyo with 2 floors, a large array of hedgehogs and some great jazz music blasting through the venue. A 30 minute session with your own hedgehog will cost you about 1200 yen, roughly $11 US dollars.
- What: Harry Roppongi in Tokyo
- Why: Hangout with hedgehog and drink coffee
- Where: 6 Chome-7-2 3F, Roppongi, Tokyo [Map]
- Price: Packages start at ¥1,200 ($11 USD) to ¥3,800 ($34 USD)
- Tickets: Reserve for Hedgehog Cafe on Voyagin
- When: Daily 11:00am until 7:00pm
- Tips: Wear gloves to prevent getting stung by needles
- Related: Experience Real Mario Kart in Tokyo and Robot Restaurant in Tokyo
Buy Tickets for Tokyo
The hedgehogs are located in deep boxes within the tables, hedgehogs are some of the cutest animals I've seen, a hedgehog has around 5000 spines, each of which lasts about a year.
Be a little cautious, hedgehogs can quickly curl themselves into a spiky ball thus wearing gloves may be the obvious option on this first encounter.
There is a special way holding hedgehogs, if uncertain, make sure you ask the staff for assistance. Pay 500 yen extra and you'll get a tiny bowl of worms to feed your hedgehog.
On the top floor you'll find the famous 1KG Mega Hedgehog, this guy was massive! Must have been the Japanese Mos burger diet
Harry Roppongi is a great place to escape the busy streets of Tokyo while you enjoy a coffee and a hedgehog! Also, you can now reserve ahead of time to get guaranteed seats at the Hedgehog Cafe in Tokyo on Voyagin.