Penguin Bar in Tokyo
Drink beer with penguins in Tokyo? Yes, it sounds ridiculous but possible! The penguin bar is located in the Ikebukuro district of Tokyo and service charge is 800 Yen which is around $7 bucks.
- What: Penguin Bar in Tokyo
- Why: Eat, drink & hangout with penguins!
- Where: COSMY1 1st Floor, 2-38-2 Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo [Map]
- When: Daily 6pm until 4am
- Price: ¥3,500 Yen ($31 USD)
- Tickets: Order your tickets for Penguin Bar in Tokyo
- Notes: Hard to find, make sure you enable GPS on your phone.
- Related: Owl Cafe, experience real Mario Kart in Tokyo and Robot Restaurant in Tokyo
You may wonder, is this legal? International treaties to protect the penguins weren't signed by Japan, so they may catch some.
Did you know that a penguin’s black and white plumage serves as camouflage while swimming. The black plumage on their back is hard to see from above, while the white plumage on their front looks like the sun reflecting off the surface of the water when seen from below, these guys are stealth refined!
In conclusion, the Penguin Bar in Tokyo is a very bizarre bar but definitely worth a visit. If you have time to spare in Tokyo than I highly recommend you reserve your table ahead of time for the Penguin Bar on Voyagin.