Coolest cafe in Tokyo: Kawaii Monster Cafe
Absolutely the coolest cafe in Tokyo: Kawaii (Cute) Monster cafe located in the heart of Harajuku where you can eat the most bizarre dishes in colorful madness. Make sure to reserve your seats for one of their special weekly event nights!
- What: Kawaii Monster Cafe in Tokyo
- Why: Most colorful dinner experience in Japan!
- Where: 4-Chome-31-1, YMスクエア 4F, Harajuku, Tokyo [Map]
- Lunch: 11:30am - 4:30pm
- Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Price: Starts at ¥1,900 Yen ($17 USD) per person
- Reserve Tuesdays: Japanese Oiran Night on Voyagin
- Reserve Wednesdays: Tokyo Pop Culture Night on Voyagin
- Reserve Thursdays: Burlesque Night on Voyagin
- Phone: +81 (0) 3-5413-6142 (English is spoken)
- Notes: Go early to prevent being put on the waiting list.
- Discount: 33% OFF Monster Palace event at Kawaii Monster Cafe!
- Related: Experience 37% OFF Mario Kart in Tokyo and 34% OFF Robot Restaurant in Tokyo
Today I took my friend Pamela to this bizarre cafe I have been hearing about which was designed and created by famous Harajuku designer Sebastian Masuda.
The cafe has 4 room types to choose from before you enter and you will be brought to your table by one of the kawaii waitresses.
The funnest must have been the Milk-Tea room where we were initially seated but we had to leave this place because the background music was intensly creepy and annoying.
We ended up at the bar where we ordered their colorful spaghetti and weird druggy-cocktails.
I was also impressed with the colorful washroom, their attention to detail was beyond believe!
If you do end up going to this place, make sure to order the chocolate chicken with broccoli if you really want to go hardcore!
Don't forget to buy a gift at their souvenir shop near the exit. Before you go, I do recommend making a reservation, especially for their special event nights like Tuesday's Japanese Oiran Night, Wednesday's Tokyo Pop Culture Night and Thursday's Burlesque Night.